As part of the EDU-Port Japan project, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) will hold a symposium bringing together the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, JICA, JETRO, universities, boards of education, private companies and institutions related to or interested in working abroad in education, and overseas organizations interested in Japanese-style education.
The purpose is to share the achievements of the fiscal year 2018, expectations for the next year, and the way forward.
1. Date/time: 2:00p.m. - 5:15p.m. Thursday, March 7, 2019
2. Venue: Auditorium, 3rd floor, MEXT building
3. Host: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
4. Entrance fee: Free
5. Language: Japanese/English (with simultaneous interpretation)
- Opening Remarks (MEXT)
- Report on fiscal year 2018 and the expectation for the next year (MEXT)
- Guest's Speech:"Expectations for educational cooperation between Africa and Japan"
(Dr. Hany, Embassy of Egypt, Chair country of the African Union)
- Report on EDU-Port pilot projects:
①Osaka Kyoiku University:[Vietnam]Introducing Japanese style teacher training system on primary science experiment with
core science teachers and their network
②SuRaLa Net Co., Ltd.:[Sri Lanka] Promotion of digital mathematic learning materials for primary school students in the
③Hiroshima University:[Peru]Implementing Japanese style physical education in the world for establishing teacher training
system utilizing lesson studies
④Giant Leap International, Inc.:[Myanmar]Disseminating practical Japanese-style vocational school education system and
curriculum for automobile mechanic
- Summary of the presentation and discussion on the way forward
"Attraction of Japanese style education and possibility of its overseas promotion"
(Kan Suzuki, professor of Tokyo University and Yuto Kitamura, associate professor of Tokyo University)
7. Application to attend
Maximum of 300 participants, accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis
Please send email with the information of the participants' name, organization to the below email address.